www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Wolf-Dietrich Moeller <wolf-dietrich.moel...@mchp.siemens.de>
Subject general/7206: <Files> and <FilesMatch> section finds additional wrong match
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2001 17:34:33 GMT

>Number:         7206
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       <Files> and <FilesMatch> section finds additional wrong match
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Example: Having the following section in the File "/css/.htaccess":
-------------------------------
<Files css>
ErrorDocument 403 /cgi-bin/printenv
deny from all
</Files>
------------------------------
produces matches for file "/css/" (i.e. the empty directory call, match not expected) and
"/css/css" (as expected).
Same behaviour occurs for a <FilesMatch "^css$">-section.

Relevant Environment-Variables in the Perl-Script printenv were for file /css/:
REDIRECT_URL = /css/
REQUEST_URI = /css/
REDIRECT_ERROR_NOTES = client denied by server configuration: /usr/local/www/xyz/css
and for file "/css/css":
REDIRECT_URL = /css/css
REQUEST_URI = /css/css
REDIRECT_ERROR_NOTES = client denied by server configuration: /usr/local/www/xyz/css/css

Notice the inconsistency: The REDIRECT_URL reproduces the URL in both cases correctly, but
the REDIRECT_ERROR_NOTES-variable misses the trailing "/" in the first case. Might this be
a reason or at least a hint for the misbehaviour of the match-rule?

Perhaps this bug was introduced since Apache/1.3.14, as the similar message in our old configuration
was
REDIRECT_ERROR_NOTES = Directory index forbidden by rule: /usr/local/www/xyz/css/
with the trailing "/".
I cannot verify, if the behaviour of 1.3.14 for the match was correct, as our server admin
has now introduced the new version 1.3.17.
>How-To-Repeat:
public URL not available (Intranet server)
>Fix:
No - no internal knowledge of Apache