www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From danny howard <dannyman+apa...@toldme.com>
Subject mod_include/7187: Includes work, but exec cmd= does NOTHING
Date Sun, 04 Feb 2001 09:30:36 GMT

>Number:         7187
>Category:       mod_include
>Synopsis:       Includes work, but exec cmd= does NOTHING
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I have two boxen.  Both running FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE built from ports.
One box has Apache 1.3.12 installed.  The other has Apache 1.3.17.

The former box properly processes my includes, but nothing at all happens
on the 1.3.17 box:
<!--#exec cmd="/usr/games/fortune splash" -->
<!--#exec cmd="/usr/games/fortune fortunes" -->
<!--#exec cmd="/home/abp/bin/imgcount" -->

Nothing in the error log, and the HTML comment itself is swallowed by the
server, and not sent to the client.

I have tried various Options for Includes, as well as ExecCGI, XBitHack,
hitting the file URL explicitly versus using / ... nothing works.

My echo= works, though:
<!--#echo var="LAST_MODIFIED"-->
>How-To-Repeat:
Good URL: