www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Eric Maryniak <e.maryn...@pobox.com>
Subject documentation/7166: Docu of 'ErrorDocument' is not precise on usage of the quoted form
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2001 12:40:50 GMT

>Number:         7166
>Category:       documentation
>Synopsis:       Docu of 'ErrorDocument' is not precise on usage of the quoted form
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Dear reader,
The current docu for ErrorDocument says:
"...
The syntax is,

     ErrorDocument <3-digit-code> action

     where the action can be,
        1.Text to be displayed. Prefix the text with a quote ("). Whatever follows the quote
is displayed. Note: the (") prefix
          isn't displayed.
..."

My question is: can you use multiple lines (with \ as continuator) or are
you bound to one (1) line (ie. upto and including the newline)?
I'm going to experiment with this carefully, but I hesitate to do frequent
restarts of the server to test this, because I don't want the server to be
offline too often...
Kind regards,
Eric Maryniak
>How-To-Repeat:
n/a
>Fix:
Text:
1.Text to be displayed. Prefix the text with a quote ("). Whatever follows
  the quote __upto and including the newline__ is displayed. Note: the (") prefix
          isn't displayed.