www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Christoph Dietz ...@amiga-news.de>
Subject os-linux/7132: Childs keep in KeepAlive state after KeepAlive timeout
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2001 20:21:40 GMT

>Number:         7132
>Category:       os-linux
>Synopsis:       Childs keep in KeepAlive state after KeepAlive timeout
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
We are using 1.3.14 with php 4.0.1pl1 and mysql db usage on a SuSE 7.0 based linux system.
KeepAlive is set to (now) 10 secondes (before 15)
MaxRequests per Child is (now) set to 0 (before 20)
MaxChilds is set to 256
MinSparServers 5
MaxSparServers 10
InitialServers 5

After running the server a few hours more and more childs keep in the "K" state. Also childs
which handle new customers don't leave the K state after the set time (I tested it with getting
the /server-status and checked if the K for my IP address was removed after one minute. Result:
I got the same child and it told me that it waited so long (filed SS). After waiting two minutes,
I got another child and the original one handled a request.

But there are childs waiting in K state much longer:
0-1 4818 11/78/78 K  0.92 4867 1 5.0 0.14 0.14  62.226.18.62 www.amiga-news.de GET /pics/flag_jp.gif
HTTP/1.1
2-1 4820 1/7/7 K  0.27 5412 1 5.7 0.01 0.01  213.21.3.76 www.amiga-news.de GET /pics/kinne300x65.jpg
HTTP/1.1

I tried several settings (as shown above). It didn't help.

Also we removed mod_SSL (as shown as the trouble maker in another Bug-Report for the same
problem). No changes.
>How-To-Repeat:
If needed I can give access to /server-status on www.amiga-news.de. But I need the IP address
of the tester for security reasons.
>Fix:
Only a quick and dirty solution: We restart the server every 24 hours.