www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Filippo Carletti <fili...@mobilia.it>
Subject os-linux/7130: httpd stops listening to connection - Error: accept: (client socket)
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2001 17:06:36 GMT

>Number:         7130
>Category:       os-linux
>Synopsis:       httpd stops listening to connection - Error: accept: (client socket)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
After a variable amount of time, httpd stops listening to connection requests.
It happens on 8 similar web servers (all RedHat, 6.1 and 6.2, kernel 2.2.13 and 2.2.14), all
heavily loaded.
Doing a stop, sleep 10 secs start solves for some minutes.
When connections are not accepted the following text is logged many times in error_log:
[Thu Jan 25 16:28:40 2001] [error] (32)Broken pipe: accept: (client socket)

httpd doesn't accept connections but I can log in using ssh.

Looking at the sources, it seems that the error is in some way related to network problems,
but I can login with ssh.

Some infos.
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-module=rewrite --enable-module=so

glibc 2.1.2 and 2.1.3
MaxConnections 254, but not reached
Intel 82557 ethernet card
eepro100.c:v1.09j-t 9/29/99 Donald Becker http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/eepro100.html