www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Roy Lee <yor...@cuteandcuddly.com>
Subject other/7111: mod_vhost_alias, DocumentRoot, ErrorDocument
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2001 19:51:52 GMT

>Number:         7111
>Category:       other
>Synopsis:       mod_vhost_alias, DocumentRoot, ErrorDocument
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I've recently compiled the vhost DLL for Apache on Windows and it's working fine I think.
But I encountered some problems.
Apache is located on C:/Apache (ServerRoot)

This is my mass vhost configuration directive (among other normal vhosts).
<VirtualHost 130.88.173.62:12048>
	UseCanonicalName Off
	VirtualDocumentRoot /YorYor/%1
	<Directory />
		AllowOverride ALL
		Options Includes ExecCGI FollowSymLinks
		Order allow,deny
		Allow from all
	</Directory>
	DirectoryIndex index.html index.pl
	ErrorLog logs/vhost.yoryor.eu.org-error.log
</VirtualHost>

I've tried to use
	VirtualDocumentRoot "Z:/YorYor/%1"
but the server refuses to boot. Is there no way to specify an alternative drive to the document
root like any other vhost config? I suppose I could install Apache on Z:/ instead, but I don't
really want to do that as I want to keep on their own drive all the document dirs.

Secondly, I've fixed my own set of ErrorDocuments in the main_server config.
Alias /error "C:/Apache/custom_error_docs"
<Directory "C:/Apache/custom_error_docs">
	Options ExecCGI FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
#400 Bad Request
ErrorDocument 400 /error/400.pl
#401 Authorization Required
ErrorDocument 401 /error/401.pl
#403 Forbidden
ErrorDocument 403 /error/403.pl
#404 Not Found
ErrorDocument 404 /error/404.pl
#500 Internal Server Error
ErrorDocument 500 /error/500.pl

When I remove the directory C:/YorYor (which is supposed to serve the mass vhost), this error
appears in the error log.
[Mon Jan 22 19:34:32 2001] [error] [client 130.88.173.62] File does not exist: /yoryor/test/
[Mon Jan 22 19:34:32 2001] [error] [client 130.88.173.62] (2)No such file or directory: script
not found or unable to stat: /yoryor/test/error/404.pl

I've tried adding this
	ScriptAlias /error/ "C:/Apache/custom_error_docs"
into the vhost config but it still doesn't work.
I've also tried playing with the Alias and ErrorDocument directives but they just don't work.

Are the two problems that I've highlighted bugs in the 1.3 mod_vhost.c file?
If so, will it be fixed in v2.0?
>How-To-Repeat:
I think you know what I'm talking about, cause I'm losing myself a bit at times.
If you just use the code I planted above to try out, you'll know what I mean.
>Fix:
Unfortunately, I'm not at all familiar with apache code, so I can't help, much as I'd love
to.