www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Scott L Powell" <spow...@hertz.com>
Subject Re: apache-api/7055: CERR 14 Cannot open STDIN
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2001 18:30:09 GMT
The following reply was made to PR apache-api/7055; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Scott L Powell" <spowell@hertz.com>
To: Tony Finch <dot@dotat.at>
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: apache-api/7055: CERR 14 Cannot open STDIN
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 07:12:48 -0600

 Tony,

 I was able to find the problem. HP3000's have two operating system environments,
 MPE and POSIX. Posix
 makes the HP more like a UNIX system. The problem turned out to be in the
 compile. When you reference
 libraries as part of your LINK, the libraries must correspond to the operating
 system you're working from.
 SOCKETRL is a necessary library to link in when working with sockets. SOCKETRL
 is however, the MPE
 library version. Although, I was able to compile and link using SOCKETRL what I
 needed to reference was
 'socket' when compiling with the c89 (C) compiler in Posix. After linking in the
 correct library reference, the
 webpage/client/server programs worked as intended. There isn't a whole lot of
 documentation on
 equivalent library members between MPE and Posix. I was able to pin down the
 problem as being the
 referenced library and HP was able to then tell me which was the correct Posix
 library member to reference.

 I hope you did not spend too much time on this. Hopefully, the solution will be
 written in your problem/
 solution log.

 Thanks,

 Scott