www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Tony Finch <f...@apache.org>
Subject Re: mod_usertrack/7005: Cookie logging
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2001 19:20:04 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_usertrack/7005; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Tony Finch <fanf@apache.org>
To: Larry Hountz <larryh@webtrends.com>
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: mod_usertrack/7005: Cookie logging
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 19:16:27 +0000

 Larry Hountz <larryh@webtrends.com> wrote:

 >That is great for a client that has cookies on , what if they have cookies
 >off, that is the problem we have, when cookies are off Apache is logging a
 >differnt cookie for each hit.

 If you log %{cookie}i (i.e. the contents of the cookie header on the
 request) and the client has cookies off, the cookie header will always
 be empty and so nothing will be logged. If the client has cookies on,
 for the first request from a given client nothing will be logged
 (because the client didn't yet have a cookie to send) and for
 subsequent requests the cookie will be logged.

 Tony.
 --
 f.a.n.finch    fanf@covalent.net    dot@dotat.at
 "There are flying saucers. There's no doubt they are