www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Bill Bishop" <William.Bis...@oracle.com>
Subject RE: os-solaris/7016: SEGV core dump during startup
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2001 18:30:05 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-solaris/7016; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Bill Bishop" <William.Bishop@oracle.com>
To: <fanf@apache.org>
Cc: <apbugs@apache.org>
Subject: RE: os-solaris/7016: SEGV core dump during startup
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 10:24:46 -0800

 Hate to tell you this, but not only is it not a proprietary version, but I
 *am* the vendor!  This is a standard Apache, and I am trying to use your
 API, and you have created a feature that doesn't work after a patch by Sun
 (works fine before, though).  The problem is occurring because your software
 calls my initialization routine twice, which most programmers would consider
 excessive.  Could you please reconsider this response?

 -Bill Bishop
 Senior Member of the Technical Staff
 OAS Sustaining Engineering
 Oracle Corporation