www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Koga Youichirou <y-k...@apache.or.jp>
Subject Re: apache-api/7026: ap_get_server_port doesn't return the real listening port number
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2001 05:20:02 GMT
The following reply was made to PR apache-api/7026; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Koga Youichirou <y-koga@apache.or.jp>
To: fanf@apache.org
Cc: apbugs@Apache.Org, apache-bugdb@apache.org
Subject: Re: apache-api/7026: ap_get_server_port doesn't return the real
 listening port number
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 14:16:31 +0900 (JST)

 #I'm sorry sending this mail again (but modified a little),
 #but now I've included apbugs to the cc list.

 fanf@apache.org:
 > State-Changed-Why:
 > This is probably because you have a Port directive that
 > disagrees with your Listen directive and you have
 > UseCanonicalName On. Please review the documentation for
 > those directives. Thanks for using Apache.

 I see, but your reply is about the result of some directives.
 I've reported about the API function.

 See the current document about this function:

 > Routine ap_get_server_port
 >
 > Definition:
 >        unsigned ap_get_server_port(const request_rec *r);
 >
 > Usage example:
 >        const request_rec *r;
 >        int port;
 >        port = ap_get_server_port(r);
 >
 > Returns the TCP port number where the server running Apache is
 > listening.
 >
 > The port passed in the client's headers is not trusted; the port of
 > the actual socket is used.

 This seems to say that the ap_get_server_port returns the *actual*
 listening TCP port number, but it always doesn't do so. I think there
 is a bug about documentation, implementation, or design.

 I think that there should be a function that returns the actual
 listening port number, but there are no such functions now.

 Regards,

 -- Koga, Youichirou