www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Administrator" <ad...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: os-windows/6870: When launched as a service, impossible to acces to an interbase database; No pb if DOS session
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2001 21:35:15 GMT
From: "Frank Lecocq" <Frank.Lecocq@Card.fr>
Sent: Tuesday, January 02, 2001 1:10 PM

>  The Interbase service are well launched when Apache Service is started.
>  The access thru à Delphi .DLL (via HTML pages) to  our Interbase database is
>  unsuccessfull, it seems like if the Alias to our database was not active.

You missed some points then...

you must choose the user to 'run the service as user', who has network
permissions.  Also try adding the group "NetworkProvider" to the
dependens on groups list, so the network redirector is assured to be
running as apache starts.

Finally, if it still fails, try checking 'allow service to interact
with the desktop', since there is the possibility that there is some
gdi interaction in the interbase driver.

Good luck, keep us informed.