www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From tom storey <novus...@start.com.au>
Subject os-windows/6971: cant use name based virtual hosts under win32
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2000 05:39:46 GMT

>Number:         6971
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       cant use name based virtual hosts under win32
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
i dont really know if this is a bug but it is a problem for me.

im using the latest version of apache (1.3.14 i think) and in the documentation and even in
the httpd.conf file it tells oyu how to create name based visrtual hosts. i tried to create
one and it didnt work.

whats the problem? here is a snippet from the bottom of httpd.conf:

NameVirtualHost 210.84.107.39

#
# VirtualHost example:
# Almost any Apache directive may go into a VirtualHost container.
# The first VirtualHost section is used for requests without a known
# server name.
<VirtualHost 210.84.107.39>
ServerName www.domain.tld
DocumentRoot /
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 210.84.107.39>
ServerName www.otherdomain.tld
DocumentRoot /www/otherdomain
</VirtualHost>

i just copied and pasted these examples from the documentation bu i have also treied other
names