www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Hyung Seok Shim <hss...@hys.co.kr>
Subject general/6961: repeated requests for a simple cgi invoke delay of Apache
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2000 09:10:54 GMT

>Number:         6961
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       repeated requests for a simple cgi invoke delay of Apache
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
When we request repeatedly with short interval on webbrowser a simple cgi page against Apache
1.3.3, 1.3.12, 1.3.14 /UNIX,

Apache delay about 3 seconds sometimes.
>How-To-Repeat:
any cgi program will cause the same result.

for example my simple cgi program is like follow.

========================printenv.c==========================

#include <stdlib.h>
#include <stdio.h>

void
main( int argc, char *argv[], char *envp[])
{
	char	**buf;

	setbuf( stdout, (char *)0 );

	printf( "Content-type: text/plain\n\n" );
	printf( "argv[0]=[%s]\n", argv[0] );

	printf( "### Environment Variable List ###\n\n" );

	for( buf=envp; *buf ; buf++ )
		printf( "%s\n", *buf );
	exit( 0 );
}

please compile this program and test with internet explorer.
just click reload button repeatedly in short interval.