www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Tracey Maule <tra...@logis.co.nz>
Subject general/6941: No httpd.pid installing
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2000 02:12:01 GMT

>Number:         6941
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       No httpd.pid installing
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
after unpacking apache_1_3_14_win32_r2.exe, and installing with command:

apache -i -n apache

start with command:

apache -k start

so far no problem.... but when using any of the following:

apache -k restart
apache -k shutdown
apache -k stop

the following message is obtained:

Cannot read apache PID file c:/apache/logs/httpd.pid

on looking for this file, it does not exist.

I tried copying this file from another machine, and was consequently greeted with the following
(after the restart command):

[emerg] (2) the system cannot find the file specified:
OpenEvent on ap704_restart event

why is this file not being installed?  what can i do about it???
>How-To-Repeat:
pass
>Fix:
pass