www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Julien Petitot <julien.peti...@creditlyonnais.fr>
Subject general/6918: utf-8 characters in Javascript
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2000 10:41:24 GMT

>Number:         6918
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       utf-8 characters in Javascript
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Hi,

I use a 1.3.12 Apache Web Server with a default charset = utf-8
(after modification as written in cf. PR 5872).
When I use characters with accents (french characters) in JavaScript, the web server
returns some wrong characters. I know that if I write '$eacute' instead of '',
it will be OK. But as most of fields come from database, I have to make it work
with french utf-8 characters.
Do you have any idea to solve that problem ?

Thanks.
Julien Petitot.