www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject RE: config/6993: Default index file is not served (Bug <> from PR number 1266
Date Fri, 29 Dec 2000 03:31:43 GMT
>  Actually, my documents are stored in a place whose windows name is
>       D:\~Privacy\Reliable\MyStats
>  aka  P:\Reliable\Mystats
>  aka  Y:\
>  In my autoexec.bat, I use the SUBST instructions:
>  SUBST P: D:\~Privacy
>  SUBST Y: D:\~Privacy\Reliable\MyStats
>
>  Apache just does not like the documents to be stored in a
> root directory
>  Faulty statements were
>  DocumentRoot "Y:"
>  <Directory "Y:">

That looks faulty right there... but doesn't this work as expected:

DocumentRoot "Y:/"
<Directory "Y:/">

Also, were you using the alias, e.g.

Alias /foo/ Y:/

because, if so, apache will -not- treat requests for

/foo   [which doesn't exist, it's not /foo/]
as
/foo/  [which should return the index, since it finds the /foo/ alias]