www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Larry Rosenman" <...@lerctr.org>
Subject RE: os-unixware/6780: the apache startup dlopens and dlcloses then re-dlopens modules.
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2000 19:18:06 GMT
Yes, apache runs without -lresolv.  PHP needs -lresolv, but
apache apparently doesn't.

If we could add it for future 1.3 releases (at least for
UnixWare), I'd appreciate it.

When 2.0 goes beta, I'll try it and PHP and see how it goes.

Thanks!

Larry Rosenman

-----Original Message-----
From: fanf@apache.org [mailto:fanf@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2000 1:08 PM
To: apache-bugdb@apache.org; fanf@apache.org; ler@lerctr.org
Subject: Re: os-unixware/6780: the apache startup dlopens and dlcloses
then re-dlopens modules.

Synopsis: the apache startup dlopens and dlcloses then re-dlopens modules.

State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
State-Changed-By: fanf
State-Changed-When: Thu Nov  2 11:07:38 PST 2000
State-Changed-Why:
This is a "feature" rather than a bug. Does Apache work without
-lresolv and without php? (I would have expected it to need
-lresolv.) Is php linked with -lresolv? We can add -lresolv
to the configure script if it fixes the problem. In the more
general case of modules having difficulties with the double-
load there are standard ways to deal with it which I would
expect PHP to use. In any case, apache-2.0 handles this completely
differently, and loads modules only once.