www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From d..@web.us.uu.net (David J. MacKenzie)
Subject Re: os-solaris/1190: server processes in keepalive state do not die after keepalive-timeout
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2000 14:20:04 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-solaris/1190; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: djm@web.us.uu.net (David J. MacKenzie)
To: dot@dotat.at
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: os-solaris/1190: server processes in keepalive state do not die after keepalive-timeout
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 09:13:00 -0500 (EST)

 > If that is the case then you'll have to speak to the mod_ssl authors
 > because this bug database is only for the core Apache code.

 Yes--I cc'd rse.  At this point the cause is only a guess, though.

 > Do I correctly gather that the stuck connections can be either SSL or
 > not? Do your non-SSL customers who do not have the problem run Apache
 > with EAPI?

 None of the stuck connections that I've investigated so far have
 turned out to be SSL connections, which proportionately aren't very
 common.  The non-SSL servers are indeed the same apache binary,
 with everything compiled with EAPI (which I said before if you look
 closely enough :-)  If any of them are having this problem, it hasn't
 been severe enough to show up in our monitoring or common enough to
 show up in my spot checking.

 BTW, I don't see anything abnormal in the servers' error logs.