www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Duncan Russell <D.Russ...@rl.ac.uk>
Subject general/6808: Apache does not appear to be handling .pdf files correctly when requested by IE5.5
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2000 12:41:37 GMT

>Number:         6808
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Apache does not appear to be handling .pdf files correctly when requested
by IE5.5
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
We have a web page at http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/docs/user-ref.pdf which appears to function
fine when opened using Netscape navigator but which simply hangs when viewed from IE5.5.
The same file when served by apache 1.3.12 works fine in both IE and netscape.
>How-To-Repeat:
I think if you try to access http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/docs/user-ref.pdf from IE5.5 you should
see very similar behaviour. I.e. the browser tries to open the file but always hangs.
>Fix:
If you do the same thing from Netscape it appears to function fine.