www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Frédéric" Leneuf-Magaud <frederic.leneuf-mag...@dgi.finances.gouv.fr>
Subject general/6807: ISAPI & LOCALHOST not working properly
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2000 10:40:18 GMT

>Number:         6807
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       ISAPI & LOCALHOST not working properly
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
1 - My ISAPI DLLs written with MS Visual C++ are no longer working. Only the Borland C++Builder
DLLs work properly.
Everything was working with 1.3.12.
2 - "localhost" as server name doesn't seem to work properly. That was working fine with 1.3.12.
When I type "http://localhost" as URL in my browser, Apache doesn't send me the index.htm
page as defined by the "Directory index" directive but only an index of the directory (forbidden
by rules in the conf file!). There's no problem with "http://127.0.0.1".

So, 1.3.14 is not useful in this state.
Please don't say it is due to a misconfigured server. My httpd.conf is done as it is described
in your doc and worked well before.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
Modify or remove your "Radical surgery to improve mod_isapi support under Win32"
Idem for "localhost" handling code