www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From f...@apache.org
Subject Re: os-unixware/6780: the apache startup dlopens and dlcloses then re-dlopens modules.
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2000 19:07:42 GMT

Synopsis: the apache startup dlopens and dlcloses then re-dlopens modules.

State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
State-Changed-By: fanf
State-Changed-When: Thu Nov  2 11:07:38 PST 2000
State-Changed-Why:
This is a "feature" rather than a bug. Does Apache work without
-lresolv and without php? (I would have expected it to need
-lresolv.) Is php linked with -lresolv? We can add -lresolv
to the configure script if it fixes the problem. In the more
general case of modules having difficulties with the double-
load there are standard ways to deal with it which I would
expect PHP to use. In any case, apache-2.0 handles this completely
differently, and loads modules only once.