www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Zsehranszky Peter <p...@aiinformatics.ro>
Subject os-windows/6787: I've specified ServerName in httpd.conf and I can't use the name in none of my browsers
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2000 14:08:27 GMT

>Number:         6787
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       I've specified ServerName in httpd.conf and I can't use the name in none
of my browsers
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
In httpd.conf i've specified a name using ServerName directive, but i can't use this name
in browsers to open the main page of the server.
The same httpd.conf used with an identical installtion of Apache 1.3.9 gives me the posibility
of using the name specified with ServerName in IE5.0 and Netscape 4.57.
I mention that the only change i've made is unistalling version 1.3.14 and installing 1.3.9
preserving httpd.conf.
>How-To-Repeat:
Do the same thing i do!!!
>Fix: