www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject RE: general/6807: ISAPI & LOCALHOST not working properly
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2000 14:10:39 GMT

This is -very- interesting.  ISAPI recieved an overhaul, so it
isn't shocking, but we are about to release a version 1.3.15.
I suppose it could be related to how we load .dll's - your
error messages would be appreciated.  Are you suggesting the
-same- .dll compiled in c++ builder works, but not when built
with MSVC?  Which version?  Would you email a simple (echo)
type server to me (wrowe@apache.org) - bugs doesn't handle
binaries.  I'd like to examine the exports table.

> 2 - "localhost" as server name doesn't seem to work properly.
> That was working fine with 1.3.12.
> When I type "http://localhost" as URL in my browser, Apache
> doesn't send me the index.htm page as defined by the
> "Directory index" directive but only an index of the
> directory (forbidden by rules in the conf file!). There's no
> problem with "http://127.0.0.1".

Please email me (wrowe@apache.org) the .conf file.  Check that
there isn't an .htaccess file overriding what you changed in
the .conf, and please note any error messages you get when
starting up Apache.  I'll quote back the lines that caused a
problem (if any) but I don't like wasting the bugs database
with confs.