www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <sl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: general/6700: no response on port 80
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2000 06:06:54 GMT

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, Dan Evans wrote:
> I agree it's confiuration. However, the same settings are in the httpd.conf
> file for 1.3.14 as they are in 1.3.12 (with regards to address and port) ie
> "listen 212.95.219.48", "port 80". I know that the confiuration is correct -
> why else would 1.3.12 work correctly?

Unfortunately, there are many different things, some in the Apache
configuration and some not, that could result in this problem.  It is very
likely that something has changed in your configuration between your
1.3.12 and 1.3.14 installation.  If you, in fact, can swap an identically
configured 1.3.12 binary in and get it to work, then we may need to look
more closely at your configuration.  However, since there are many other
people using Apache 1.3.14 and having it work fine, the problem is more
likely a change in your configuration.  I suggest you post relevant parts
of your configuration to the comp.infosystems.www.servers.ms-windows
usenet newsgroup.
Thanks for using Apache.