www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <sl...@finance.commerce.ubc.ca>
Subject Re: mod_include/6649: SSI include virtual will not allow relative paths above DocumentRoot - doco vague
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2000 20:40:35 GMT

On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> Note that I'm trying to *avoid* the includables directory being directly
> referenceable from the outside of the server; it sounds like your suggestion
> would have the opposite effect; no?

Right.  The #include virtual view of the world is exactly the same as the
view from your browser.  There may be ways to get around this (eg. using
mod_rewrite and blocking all but sub-requests), but I haven't tried them.

Anyway, this is venturing far away from a valid bug report about bad
documentation into a configuration discussion.  That, you should take to
another forum.  Thanks.