www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "T.Pospisek's MailLists" <t...@spin.ch>
Subject Re: config/6634: ServerAlias behaves strangely
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2000 15:38:55 GMT
On 13 Oct 2000 slive@apache.org wrote:

> Synopsis: ServerAlias behaves strangely
>
> I have tried and failed to reproduce this problem,

Have you entered my config exactly as it is there and it worked at your
site?

> so I
> still suspect it is a particular quirk of your configuration,

I can send ou the entire config file if you want...

> like perhaps bad permissions on your
> index file or a <Directory> section overriding your
> <Virtualhost> config.

Hmm, there acutally *is* a <Directory> section, but it doesn't contain any
<DirectoryIndex>. But there is:

  <IfModule mod_dir.c>
    DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.shtml index.cgi
  </IfModule>

on the top-level. But all this doesn't is IMHO not relevant here, since
neary exactly the same config only stated the other way round (as you can
see in my original bug report, have a look at it, the difference between
the two configs is *minimal*) actually *does* work and it works as
expected. The example you can see is exactly taken from the config file.

> However, I will reopen the report to see if anyone else has any ideas.

Does my example work at your site?
*t

             Tomas Pospisek
	     http://sourcepole.ch