www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Michael S.Fischer <mich...@auctionwatch.com>
Subject general/6773: Need finer elapsed service time granularity
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2000 03:11:22 GMT

>Number:         6773
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Need finer elapsed service time granularity
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Currently in mod_log_config it looks like the elapsed service time (%T) is computed by taking
time(NULL) and subtracting r->service_time() from it.  Unfortunately, this doesn't provide
nearly the granularity we need to do useful performance analysis of our server-side code.

We would really love to see in a future Apache release a logging facility that can return
the elapsed request service time on the order of microseconds.
-
-