www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Allan Christensen <...@netcentralen.dk>
Subject general/6712: Apache is running but stops showing web pages
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2000 13:25:54 GMT

>Number:         6712
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Apache is running but stops showing web pages
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
We have been running this webserver for aprox 6 month now and from the beginning of this week
this strange thing has begun to appear. The webserver hosting aprox 100 domains stops showing
html pages, doing a ps -aux or top indicates that the apache daemon is still running actually
everything is running. There are no indications in any logfiles whatsoever on this insident.
Hupping the Apache deamon solves the problem temporary. What really gives me gray hair is
that it happens randomly like 6 times a day. Checking logs reveal that no user where online
neither any strange behaviours or heavy traffic etc. Any Ideas plz ?
>How-To-Repeat:
I have not been able to replicate this problem.