www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Simon Lindgren <si...@lindgren.no>
Subject general/6711: Changes somewhere from 1.3.12 to 1.3.14 cause MSIE Acrobat plugin to crash when saving PDF's - VERY STRANGE!
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2000 11:32:30 GMT

>Number:         6711
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Changes somewhere from 1.3.12 to 1.3.14 cause MSIE Acrobat plugin to crash
when saving PDF's - VERY STRANGE!
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
On standard compilations of apache 1.3.12 and 1.3.14, both send the same PDF file data
to the client, but with 1.3.14, when saving the file in Acrobat Reader plugin
(4.05c) in MSIE 5.0 (various incarnations) MSIE locks up, not even managing to save the file.

This is with the exact same compile options, same configuration files etc.

Diffing the headers sent show some differences in the multipart-headers (Range: headers)
but I can't debug them.
>How-To-Repeat:
Using windows of some sort, MSIE 5.x and Acrobat Reader Plugin 4.05, try loading the
following PDF files, and then saving them from the plugin iuterface:

http://www.sef.no/vedlegg/166/strategi.pdf <- Apache 1.3.12 - works
http://lottery.sef.no/strategi.pdf <- Apache 1.3.14 - fails

This is the case on all my test-cases at least.

The documents in question are not cofidential.
>Fix:
I'm flabbergasted... any pointers would be greatly appreciated - I'm availble
for questions etc. at simon@lindgren.no