www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Yusuf Goolamabbas <yus...@outblaze.com>
Subject general/6704: Upgrading to Apache 1.3.14 with mod_php(out of CVS) gives 400 response
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2000 04:33:08 GMT

>Number:         6704
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Upgrading to Apache 1.3.14 with mod_php(out of CVS) gives 400 response
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Hi, I am facing this very strange problem

I had Apache 1.3.12 running with PHP out of CVS and compiled with the
following configuration

#! /bin/sh
# Generated automatically by configure.
# Run this file to recreate the current configuration.
# This directory was configured as follows,

CFLAGS=-O2 ../php4/configure  \
--with-apache=../apache_1.3.12 \
--prefix=/usr/local/site/php \
--with-db2=/usr/local/site/BerkeleyDB \
--with-ldap=/usr/local/site/ldap \
--with-gd=/usr/local/site/gd \
--with-mhash \
--with-mcrypt \
--enable-calendar \
--enable-track-vars \
--enable-magic-quotes \
--enable-debug \
--with-config-file-path=/usr/local/site

Everything worked smoothly, Now, when Apache 1.3.14 came out I changed
the configure line to point to apache_1.3.14 and recompiled and
installed everything.

When I request for a page, I get a response from the server that the
client made a bad request.

Another strange datapoint is that I changed the configure line to
install Apache 1.3.14 with PHP(cvs) in a new location. Everything worked
perfectly. Only when I would set the location to that where the previous
1.3.12 Apache had been installed would the problem occur of the response
to even a simple php page be a 400 response

Regards, Yusuf