www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Fiona Espe <fiona.e...@syscorp.com.au>
Subject jakarta-tomcat/6703: Tomcat Work area not cleared between sessions causing class not found exceptions
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2000 00:47:33 GMT

>Number:         6703
>Category:       jakarta-tomcat
>Synopsis:       Tomcat Work area not cleared between sessions causing class not found
exceptions
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I am using tomcat as a web server. My application is n-tier, in that we have presentation
logic using tomcat for JSP, and the JPS's access EJBs running in a Weblogic EJB server.

I use startup.bat and shutdown.bat to start and stop tomcat.
I found that between invocations of tomcat, if I don't clear out the work directory, but I
access my webserver from IE, I get the following exception.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: webServer/taglib/utils/MandateHelpTagLib

It makes no difference if I start and stop IE between invokations. The problem remains until
I clear the work dir, then restart tomcat.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a known work around?
A response by direct email would be much appreciated (fiona.espe@syscorp.com.au)
>How-To-Repeat:
This is an intranet application, not available for the general public, hence I can't provide
access to it.
>Fix:
Only to clear the work dir between tomcat invocations.