www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Nathan Neulinger <nn...@umr.edu>
Subject config/6695: name based vhost + port number doesn't work properly with multiple ports
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2000 13:39:20 GMT

>Number:         6695
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       name based vhost + port number doesn't work properly with multiple ports
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I've been using

NameVirtualHost hostname
<VirtualHost hostname1:80>
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost hostname1:443>
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost hostname2:80>
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost hostname3:80>
</VirtualHost>

and this has worked fine for a long time and many apache versions

but when I try to add
<VirtualHost hostname2:443>
</VirtualHost>

The second vhost with port 443 just acts as if the port number isn't even there,
I get the first vhost:443 instead. I know it's working at least that much, since SSL
is enabled on that port.

Is this a configuration problem or a bug?
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
Seems like the namevhost stuff is just matching on name, but not on name:port.