www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Anders Henke <and...@schlund.de>
Subject mod_rewrite/6671: backreferences aren't being expanded for internal RewriteMaps
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2000 18:33:16 GMT

>Number:         6671
>Category:       mod_rewrite
>Synopsis:       backreferences aren't being expanded for internal RewriteMaps
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
We've written an own internal RewriteMap for mass virtual hosting set up as following:
RewriteMap ourmapping int:ourmap
RewriteRule (.*) ${ourmapping:$1}

Apache 1.3.9 correctly hands the (.*)'s value to the map,
Apache 1.3.14 hands over the given backreferences name '$1'.
>How-To-Repeat:
RewriteMap test int:toupper
RewriteRule (.*) ${test:$1}

should rewrite every URL to its uppercase counterpart;
instead, Apache hands the $1 over to the internal RewriteMap,
which again outputs the $1. Apache takes the given $1 as its
new URL and gives a 404.
>Fix:
Fix it :-)