www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "T.Pospisek's MailLists" <t...@spin.ch>
Subject Re: config/6634: ServerAlias behaves strangely
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2000 10:10:04 GMT
The following reply was made to PR config/6634; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "T.Pospisek's MailLists" <tpo2@spin.ch>
To: Joshua Slive <slive@finance.commerce.ubc.ca>
Cc: apache-bugdb@apache.org, apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: config/6634: ServerAlias behaves strangely
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 11:46:18 +0200 (CEST)

 On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, Joshua Slive wrote:

 > Your problem report was about a basic configuration issue which would be
 > better dealt with in the newsgroup or another forum.  It is not a bug as
 > far as I can see. There is significance in the order of VirtualHost
 > blocks as per the design and documentation.
 >
 > If I missed something, could you please clarify exactly what the bug is
 > with the simplest possible example, and I will be glad to reopen the bug
 > report.

 OK, have a look at the example I have provided in the bugreport and then
 try to explain why when I access

 	http://www.sourcepole.ch

 I get

 	index.xml

 instead of

 	index.d.xml

 Again, interpreted in plain language the configuration file says:

 There is a virtual host at 194.6.185.192. It's name is sourcepole.ch. All
 other names that end in sourcepole.ch are also handled by this virtual
 server. When a directory access happens, the index files that the server
 should try to deliver are: index.d.xml first then if not found index.xml
 then index.html.

 Mind you, that the config docu states that DirectoryIndex can be used
 *inside* a VirtualHost definition in the same way that it says that
 about ServerAlias. But this is *not* the case. If I access
 *whatever*.sourcepole.ch then index.d.xml will *not* be served, as it
 *should*.

 The other config is a *workaround*, which doesn't change the fact that the
 not-functioning of the first config is IMHO a *bug*.

 Thanks for your patience,
 *t

              Tomas Pospisek
 	     http://sourcepole.ch