www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Nathan Banasiewicz <n.banasiew...@ecu.edu.au>
Subject os-other/6656: Some connections causing High Utilization
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2000 01:22:31 GMT

>Number:         6656
>Category:       os-other
>Synopsis:       Some connections causing High Utilization
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
When server receives a connection from a slow client (ie modem user) the connection never
appears to clear causing the server to sit between 85-87% utilization in Monitor.nlm.

The way I get around this is to load TCPCON.nlm select "protocol inforamation" - "TCP" - "TCP
Connections" and then clear the connections on port 80 that correspond to our modem pool users.
 At this point Utilization in Monitor drops back down to 1-2%
>How-To-Repeat:
Unsure
>Fix:
Unsure