www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Jay R. Ashworth" <...@baylink.com>
Subject Re: mod_include/6649: SSI include virtual will not allow relative paths above DocumentRoot - doco vague
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2000 20:33:15 GMT
On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 08:25:35PM -0000, slive@apache.org wrote:
> Yes, the SSI documentation is pretty vague on
> how all the different #include and #exec stuff
> fit together.  It could use some work.
>
> Your particular problem could probably be solved
> with an Alias directive.  If you use Alias to
> point to your common SSI include directory and map
> it into your current URL space for each server,
> then #include virtual should be able to access it.

If I was running the server, I'd care.  :-)  You have confirmed my
presumption that that is the case, thought.  Might be worth adding a line to
the mod_includes doco.

For that matter, linking the directory down into the other directories would work
just as well, as long as FollowSymLinks was turnes on...

Note that I'm trying to *avoid* the includables directory being directly
referenceable from the outside of the server; it sounds like your suggestion
would have the opposite effect; no?

Greatly appreciate the prompt reply, BTW.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink
Tampa Bay, Florida     http://baylink.pitas.com                +1 727 804 5015