www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Pier Nicola Labate <n.lab...@ammin.uniss.it>
Subject os-hpux/6648: I can't install Apache on my System!
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2000 11:47:06 GMT

>Number:         6648
>Category:       os-hpux
>Synopsis:       I can't install Apache on my System!
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:
here is the out from uname:
when I launch configure, after having uncompressed apache_1.3.9-hp9000_715-hpux10.20.tar.gz,
this is the output:
Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.9
 + Warning: Configuring Apache with default settings.
 + This is probably not what you really want.
 + Please read the README.configure and INSTALL files
 + first or at least run 'configure --help' for
 + a compact summary of available options.
 + using installation path layout: Apache (config.layout)
Creating Makefile
Creating Configuration.apaci in src
Creating Makefile in src
Sorry, but we cannot grok "hp9000_803-hpux10.20"
uname -m
9000/803
uname -r
B.10.20
uname -s
HP-UX
uname -v
uname -X
Ideally, read the file PORTING, do what it says, and send the
resulting patches to The Apache Group by filling out a report
form at http://www.apache.org/bug_report.html. If you don't
wish to do the port yourself, please submit this output rather
than the patches. Thank you.

Pressing on with the build process, but all bets are off.
Do not be surprised if it fails. If it works, and even
if it does not, please contact the above address.

 + configured for Unknown and unsupported OS platform
 + setting C compiler to cc
 + setting C pre-processor to cc -E
 + checking for system header files
 + adding selected modules
 + checking sizeof various data types
 + doing sanity check on compiler and options
** A test compilation with your Makefile configuration
** failed. This is most likely because your C compiler
** is not ANSI. Apache requires an ANSI C Compiler, such
** as gcc. The above error message from your compiler
** will also provide a clue.
 Aborting!

I can't install Apache on my System!
More information on the Environment field