www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Rainer Scherg <Rainer.Sch...@rexroth.de>
Subject mod_proxy/6644: ProxyPassreverse handles some Replies not correctly...
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2000 16:20:12 GMT

>Number:         6644
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       ProxyPassreverse handles some Replies not correctly...
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Hi!

We are using ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse to hide "external" or "sub-Servers"
within our main apache server.

I discovered that ProxyPassReverse could not handle all responses from some
external server. Mostly, if the are trying to maipulate URLs via
absolute server addressing... But not in this case:

E.g.
 ProxyPass         /rexrothnews          http://www.rexrothnews.com
 ProxyPassReverse  /rexrothnews          http://www.rexrothnews.com

The reply from the rexrothnews-server is an location header containing:
  Location:  start.nsf?Open

===> brings up the URL http://myserver/start.nsf?Open
instead of http://myserver/rexrothnews/start.nsf?Open

The problem seems to be in proxy_http.c (proxy_location_reverse_map).
Seems to be, that there should be some checks on the variable 'url', if
a complete URL or relative URI is returned...

Is this a bug in apache, or is the returned location header (by the
external server) not compliant to http protocol?

Just try it with any domino server or http://www.rexrothnews.com (see example)