www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: build/6436: Build fails with libdso.a error
Date Sun, 08 Oct 2000 03:53:16 GMT

Synopsis: Build fails with libdso.a error

State-Changed-From-To: open-analyzed
State-Changed-By: rbb
State-Changed-When: Sat Oct  7 20:53:15 PDT 2000
State-Changed-Why:
It looks like detecting DSO support on Rhapsody is not as
simple as just searching for dlopen or load_image.  Because
we don't know how to determine if Rhapsody has DSO support or
not, we don't know how to build for it.

If you could tell us how DSO files are loaded into a running
program on Rhapsody, that would go a long way to fixing the
problem.

Having said all of that, it also doesn't make any sense to
try to build dso support if we have already determined that
the platform doesn't support DSOs.  So, I have fixed the
configuration process to stop trying to build DSO support
unless the platform supports it.  This fix has been added to
CVS, and will be available in the next alpha release.  I am
setting this PR report to ananlyzed, because I am interested
in getting the DSO solution incorporated for Rhapsody.

Thank you for using Apache.