www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From John Jensen <jjen...@bak.rr.com>
Subject documentation/6625: Documents don't even relate!
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2000 03:21:33 GMT

>Number:         6625
>Category:       documentation
>Synopsis:       Documents don't even relate!
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Environment:
Redhat 6.1

Linux homestudy.kern.com 2.2.12-20 #1 Mon Sep 27 10:25:54 EDT 1999 i586 unknown
I downloaded apache_1.3.12.tar.gz to my windows system. I then used ftp to move it to the
server. Using telnet, I created an apache_1.3.12 directory in /usr/src and moved the file
there. I then, gunzipped, and untarred the file. Okay so far, but this were the instructions
start. Apache-1.3-docs.pdf.gz was the ONLY documentation available. They tell me to run %
Configure. No such command They tell me there is supposed to be a httpd file in /usr/src No
such luck. I thought I was doing great to get away from buggy Microsoft, but you guys offer
buggy docs, if any.
>How-To-Repeat:
All I can say is try.
>Fix:
YES. Please tell me what I am supposed to do. And don't tell me to ask usnets, because they
are a bunch of amatuers trying to figure it out themselves. EVERYBODY gives me different directions.