www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From John Hall <john.h...@fusion.horizon.ie>
Subject os-windows/6614: cannot restart Apache after unclean shutdown
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2000 08:52:36 GMT

>Number:         6614
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       cannot restart Apache after unclean shutdown
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I originally started the Apache listener from the console and it seemed to be running fine.
The server was later shutdown without issuing a separate apache -k shutdown, but via closing
the console window directly. After a reboot I started experiencing problems.

Issuing an apache -k start (or stop/restart) fails with the following errors:
C:\Oracle\portal\Apache\Apache>apache -k start
[Mon Oct 02 09:46:29 2000] [warn] pid file c:/oracle/portal/apache/apache/logs\h
ttpd.pid overwritten -- Unclean shutdown of previous Apache run?
[Mon Oct 02 09:46:29 2000] [crit] Apache JServ encountered a fatal error; check
your ApJServLogFile for details if none are present in this file.  Exiting.

apache -k shutdown
C:\Oracle\portal\Apache\Apache>apache -k shutdown
[Mon Oct 02 09:47:15 2000] [emerg] (2)The system cannot find the file specified:
 OpenEvent on ap1740_shutdown event

apache -k restart
C:\Oracle\portal\Apache\Apache>apache -k shutdown
[Mon Oct 02 09:47:53 2000] [emerg] (2)The system cannot find the file specified:
 OpenEvent on ap1740_shutdown event

This has been installed on a development server with no external access and Oracle Portal
3.0 software.