www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject RE: config/6743: impossible to run apache locally when aol is installed
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2000 12:44:51 GMT
This has been reported, AOL messenger has it's own mini-webserver,
and you must disable all other listeners to port 80 before you can
run the apache webserver on port 80 (Listen on another port, say
8080, and use http://localhost:8080/ if you are unable to disable
it.)  Please use the command  netstat -an  in the future before you
file basic configuration reports.

http://127.0.0.1, I get an error message that something is wrong with the DNS or so. When
I run ipconfig, it says my ip-adress is
0.0.0.0, but when I type that, I get the same error. Does it have something to do with that,
that it tries to connect to 127.0.0.1
when I type localhost, although it is 0.0.0.0? in the error-log it say something like "canĀ“t
get no winscok for port 80" What does
that mean?
Someone told me that there are usually problems with aol and webservers in general. Did you
hear about this and can you help me? Do
you need any further information on the error messages?