www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From TOKI...@aol.com
Subject Re: general/6557: Apache stops responding
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2000 16:01:02 GMT

>  I was not hoping that, without reproducible symptoms, you'd be able to
> solve
>   the problem. I would be grateful, however, for any guidance in terms of
>   obtaining more information on what is happening there; for example, a
>   history of the various httpd processes.

You've got to try to narrow it down, at least.

Set the Server to only launch 1 child and never handle more
than 1 request at a time. Throw all the same test URLs at it
and see if it ever breaks. If it does... it is not necessarily a
multi-threading of multi-child issue at all. If it never does...
then it probably is. That's a start.