www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Brian Gleason <brian.w.glea...@mail.sprint.com>
Subject os-windows/6604: Output of CGI Just stops with no error
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2000 21:17:26 GMT

>Number:         6604
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       Output of CGI Just stops with no error
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
When running a CGI on Apache 1.3.12 it just stops sending data, I have tested the script on
Xitami Web Server and on Command line and have verified the output is complete from those
but when running on apache it runs but just stops sending data and eventually times out with
no error.  I have reproduced the problem on multiple machines and have attempted rewriting
the script in different ways and appears to be some form of a buffer/memory issue....

One thing I have noticed is that when it times out, it is in the exact same place each time
which is what leads me to beleive the buffer/memory issue. CGI reports no error nor does apache
but it stops mid output like in the middle of a word, ex. a </font> like </fo

You can contact me if you need to.  I will help out any way I can reproducing the problem
for you....

>How-To-Repeat:
http://208.191.217.78/cgi-bin/test3.cgi
if you browse to the above location you will see the problem...
it is the same 35 entries repeated 4 times in the database just with 4 different IDs.

http://208.191.217.78/cgi-bin/test4.cgi
the above link is what it should be outputing only with 4 times the data....

You will notice where the data starts to repeat at the 2nd Brian Gleason MWGL line.
>Fix:
I have no suggestions for a fix unless apache has a buffer control that I do not know about....