www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Amit Chopra <am...@pspl.co.in>
Subject general/6601: apachectl:httpd could not be started
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2000 14:00:52 GMT

>Number:         6601
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       apachectl:httpd could not be started
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I installed apache using 'SSL_BASE=/usr/local/ssl ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-module=ssl
and then make, make install
The installation is successful.
When I run apachectl start, it says 'httpd could not be started'
When I run httpd it says 'Segmentation fault'
The errorlog isn't even created at this point
I am new to Linux and don't know where to look for the core dump if it is there.