www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From stephane HEREL <stephane.he...@cegetel.fr>
Subject general/6597: Can't download or open e-mail attachments with IE4 SP2 or IE5.01 whereas OK with Netscape
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2000 13:49:18 GMT

>Number:         6597
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Can't download or open e-mail attachments with IE4 SP2 or IE5.01 whereas
OK with Netscape
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
We use Outlook Web Access on IIS4 Server (asp requests).
HTTPS protocol is used (SSL2).
When we are on Internet and we try to open or download an attachment with IE, there's an error
: "The file could not be written to the cache" or "Internet Explorer cannot download from
the Internet site File_name from Computer_name.
The download file is not available. This could be due to your Security or Language settings
or because the server was unable to retrieve the requested file. "

When we are on Internet and we try to open or download an attachment with Netscape Communicator
4.7, it's fine.

When we are on the local network (we don't pass by Apach server) we can download/open attachments
with IE or Netscape.

Number of asp requests is the same in both cases.

Have you any idea ??
>How-To-Repeat:
Unfortunately you can't reproduce this problem because of the authentication by securID.
>Fix:
Problem looks like http://bugs.apache.org/index.cgi/full/4118 but problem still exists with
IE5.01.
BrowserMatch is configured : <BrowserMatch "MSIE " nokeepalive>