www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jason Ganovsky <metalpl...@aol.com>
Subject os-other/6576: FD_SETSIZE on NetWare 5
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2000 03:25:56 GMT

>Number:         6576
>Category:       os-other
>Synopsis:       FD_SETSIZE on NetWare 5
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Every time I try to start Apache, I the server fails to start and the entry
in the error log is as follows:

[Mon Sep 25 09:45:19 2000] [warn] make_sock: problem listening on port 81, filedescriptor
(302) larger than FD_SETSIZE (128) found, you probably need to rebuild Apache with a larger
FD_SETSIZE

[Mon Sep 25 09:45:19 2000] [crit] No sockets were created for listening

This was reported in Problem Report 5842 but it did not work on my server.