www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Joe Doupnik <...@cc.usu.edu>
Subject general/6561: Apache won't start because path to httpd.conf is munged by Apache itself
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2000 18:01:06 GMT

>Number:         6561
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Apache won't start because path to httpd.conf is munged by Apache itself
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
Starting Apache yields path to httpd.conf being throughly broken:

SYS:APACHE/SYS:APACHE/conf/httpd.conf
done as just starting Apache   or
SYS:APACHE/SYS:APACHE/whatever I type after the -f flag

Note the duplicate volume:directory prefix forced in by Apache, no matter what.
This is using the pre-built binary from the Apache web site put together in
a .zip file; downloaded last night.
This is not a NW search path side effect; it is a coding error in Apache.
>How-To-Repeat:
Install according to your docs (unzip to root of sys:).
>Fix:
No. I don't have money to purchase the MetroWorks compiler to fix matters
from sources.