www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From m..@trudge.engr.sgi.com (Mike Abbott)
Subject Re: mod_log-any/6550: 2.0a6 doesn't flush buffered access logs
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2000 02:50:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_log-any/6550; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: mja@trudge.engr.sgi.com (Mike Abbott)
To: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: mod_log-any/6550: 2.0a6 doesn't flush buffered access logs
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 19:42:36 -0700 (PDT)

 >Fix:
 One new solution that works is for mod_log_config to register a
 child_init hook which registers a cleanup to call flush_all_logs() on
 its pchild argument.  This is only half the solution, however.  The
 other half is to change init_config_log() to use the config pool for
 everything rather than the log pool (I simply renamed its second
 argument from p to pl and its first from pc to p).  This leaves the log
 pool entirely unused throughout Apache/2.0 though so it just can't be
 right, although it works as far as I've tested it.