www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Christian Smith <csm...@smith-family.com>
Subject general/6548: Apache treats an HTTP 1.1 PUT request as a GET in some cases
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2000 20:22:58 GMT

>Number:         6548
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Apache treats an HTTP 1.1 PUT request as a GET in some cases
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:
Rhapsody silo 5.3 Kernel Release 5.3: Wed Mar  3 00:37:58 PST 1999; root(rcbuild
er):Objects/kernel-154.5.obj~2/RELEASE_PPC

Running apache 1.3.12 on an Apple PowerMac running OS X Server 1.1
Have built apache 1.3.12 with mod_put linked in. Have configured Apache to allow PUT requests
for / and for /cgi-bin/. PUT requests within / but not within /cgi-bin/ function properly.

PUT requests to URIs within /cgi-bin/ result in apache issuing a response as tho an HTTP GET
request had been sent. I have verified that indeep a PUT request IS being sent. If the cgi
is present the cgi is executed and apache returns the result of the cgi. If the file does
not exist apahie returns an error 404.
>How-To-Repeat:
Contact me at csmith@smith-family.com and I can provide an account on a server with which
to test this. I can also provide relevent config files.
>Fix:
No, sorry.